Sunday, May 27, 2012

New Insights Into Communication

Knowing how to communicate will help us in the workplace and in the classroom. After doing the assessments and evaluating how others saw me, I was fascinated because we never know how people view us while we are having a conversation. I never knew that I was as aggressive as I was when dealing with people through conversation. Now that I know, I will try to be more understanding. Some other insights that I have gained this week is to try to match my body language with my mode of speaking. Sometimes your body language says one thing and your words are saying something different. They are contradictory of one another. I also need to show that I am interested in the conversation because I have a tendency to drift off. People can tell if you are bored just by looking at how you conduct yourself while speaking. One way of showing that you are interested in conversation is to nod and smile. Overall, I believe that through conversation, we can build bridges to other worlds, but without knowing how to conversate, you can alienate many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment