Saturday, November 26, 2011

Update On Professional Website

I have sent contact information to my chosen website and I have yet to receive a newsletter. The funny thing is, I searched that particular website and I came to another website that aroused my curiosity--the website was listed as Association for Childhood Eduation International. When I logged on, I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only does the site contain information about Africa, Asia, China, and other countries, they even had a list of events and publications offered, and extra resources for those who are interested. They have a section entitled "E-News." Each month, the E-News is updated. These things are interesting to me as an educator because I want to know what is going on in the world of early childhood education. For someone who has always taught middle school, I have no knowledge, other than what I have learned in class on early childhood education. I think by learning what actually goes on in other countries, we are more empathetic to those needs of the families there and in our own classroom. Politicians and other businesses are important to this site because the provide monies to support the educational programs and travel of individuals to other countries in support of what is needed there. Politicians also serve on the board and they do speaking engagements to promote the cause; therefore, although on the outside looking in, we might not think that they do much, it seems that they are there and their intentions are good. These programs need publicity and they also need money to fund their cause so in the end, it works out for everyone involved. The other insights that I gained from this particular website are the fact that on a personal level, I feel that it is refreshing to see people come together in support of poverty and education. I honestly believe that they are making a different. On a professional level, I am just glad that I have found a sight that is going to further my cause in making me aware of what is going on around the world.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth,

    This website sounds very interesting. I agree that it is pertinent for EC professionals to learn about the EC field in other countries. The United States is the melting pot of citizens from all over the world and this information can help us relate to those in our classrooms. Thank you for a great blog. Can you please post the website so that I may visit the site. Thank you

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete