Saturday, November 12, 2011

Status of Organization Joined/Newsletter

Unfortunately, I was met with disappointment. I haven't heard from the organizations that I joined last week nor has there been any interesting blogs posted under these organizations;therefore, I decided to take a new route and I signed up to receive a newsletter from the National Black Child Development Institute. The reason why this particular organization caught my attention was because there was literature about how parents can become involved within the lives of the children. As a teacher, we always want the parents to be involved although many of them are not. As a human being, I realize the importance of having parental involvment because I am a product of a broken home and know that there are a lot of things that a child can get into when there isn't anyone there to guide them.

As for the website, another key factor for me choosing this particular organization is the way that they have included many black history facts...in NOVEMBER. I am used to seeing people wait until February to include black history factual information but this site has a lot of interesting stuff about the African-American race. I was ecstatic about the website.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, I too signed up for the NBCDI newsletter.I was a member a few years ago and plan to renew my membership soon.They offer a lot of useful information. You can also ask if there is a chapter in your area if you choose to join and volunteer at events.The yearly calendars are beautiful, they are filled with pictures of African American childen.

    ReplyDelete