Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Topic Chosen for Simulation"

I originally chose student and teacher interaction. I narrowed that down to three subtopics and the one subtopic chosen was incorporating real-life scenarios into the classroom. I think that this chosen subtopic is one that will allow the teacher and the student to get to know each other and by doing this, they may be able to create a more positive learning process. On a personal level, I find that there are times where teachers become so busy with preparing students for the test that they lose sight of the big picture. The big picture is the idea that children learn more when they feel as if they are a part of the learning process. I can also remember sitting in class and feeling as if the lesson was not relevant to me as a child. I would like to make my own teaching more relevant to the life of the student rather than being driven by the information found within the textbook.

3 comments:

  1. Very compelling and interesting topic. I can understand totally for wanting to not lose sight of the big picture, many do lose sight of it and need to realize that the individuals are important and one needs to focus more on that rather then solely the educational piece. Good for you for wanting to incorporate relevant things into your teachings. I am sure it will help make the student feel better within the classroom, I know if I was the student, it would definately help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz -
    Your topic sounds very interesting. I look forward to following your progress. I completely agree that incorporating our every day experiences into our lessons does help to drive the information home.
    Great Start! :)
    Schlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great topic Liz...

    By sharing life experiences in the classroom, your children will definitely feel that you completely care about aspects other than school work. i think it is great to incorporate within the curriculum.

    ReplyDelete