Saturday, December 22, 2012

Final Post (Week 8)

During the time that I have spent within this particular class, I have learned quite a few things, but the thing that I have learned that meant the most to me on a professional and on a personal level is becoming an advocate for children and families who are less fortunate. I have always wanted to do it, yet fear stopped me dead in my tracks. Doing the capstone project allowed me a chance to actually think about a plan of action and determine what typek of people I would use in my efforts to provide for these families. This is something that I am passionate about because I was once a child such as this. I grew up poor and my family and I received public assistance. Had it not been for the public assistance, I don't believe that we would have been able to make ends meet. I would like send a big thank you to Dr. Shephard for always being there for her students and I would like to thank all my classmates for responding to me and providing information that helped to contribute to my professional growth.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    Thanks for sharing throughout this course. I love your post because it reminds me of why I chose education and why I am a big supporter of the Head Start program. I was a Head Start student, so I know first hand how important the program is and how we need to make sure it continues to serve low income children and families. Good luck in the future, and thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I have looked forward to working with you in many of our courses. Your insights have been so helpful for me and I always looked forward to reading your blog and discussion posts. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete