Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 8's Farewell Blog--6357

One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds (any format and any length): One hope that I have is that people who come into contact with famillies who are different will welcome them with open arms. I am not naive to think that everyone will do this but this is a desire that I have. I know, with help, that many people will overcome their fears and discomfort. Taking this course has allowed me to do this as well. One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice (any format and any length): After studying the subject matter that pertains to this class, the goal that I have set for myself is to become more open-minded. When dealing with different people, I know that there are going to be a bit of culture shock. By me being open to all races of people, it will prepare me for the a more modern classroom. I know that there will a time when not everyone will get along, but that is the beauty of it, we don't all have to. The idea should be to have respect for all people involved. A brief note of thanks to your colleagues: I have truly enjoyed reading and responding to my colleagues and professor. I would like to thank each and every one of you for assisting in my growth as an individual. I am sure to remember you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment