Saturday, April 21, 2012

Farewell to my classmates...

It is always exciting when entering into a new class and making new friends--some that you are sure to stay in contact with for a period of time. Teaching is the exact same way. We meet new people all the time as teachers and through this meeting, we learn to respect them and value them as human beings. The one hope that I have for teachers, when dealing with diverse children is to remember to always respect them. They may not be like you or I but they have been placed in your care; therefore, you must respect them and handle them with care. My goal is to practice the same thing that I have been preaching to others and that goal is to maintain some type of culture responsiveness to my students who are different. As I end this particular class, I would like to say Thank you to my professor and classmates because you all have truly made this a wonderful experience.

3 comments:

  1. One key issue about diversity as you said is to respect others. I think once we are able to do that, once we are able to move from acknowledging diversity to showing it through our actions as evidenced in our showing respect for children in our classrooms, only then can it be said that we operate truly diverse classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    Throughout this course we have immersed ourselves in really looking deeper into how we can move forward in equity and social justice for all children and families. It begins in our personal journey and is reflected in our work as teachers, we must practice what we preach or we are preaching to empty pews! Good luck in your future endeavors.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have greatly enjoyed reading your blogs throughout this course. Thank you for sharing your personal stories and thoughts. Good Luck in your future classes and in the early childhood field.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete