Friday, September 9, 2011

Relationship Reflection

Over a period of time, I have acquired many relationships but the most important relationships in my life right now would be those I have established with my family and friends.  The relationships that I have with these people are important to me because it was through these people that I was able to find myself.  I have had a few setbacks that at one point made me a pessimistic person--a person who had a very dim outlook on life.  These people help me to overcome the obstacles I was facing...

Before meeting my best friend, Lakeshia Jenkins, I also had a few trust issues.  She has taught me how to trust and give people a fair chance.  In order to make the two relationships I have mentioned healthy and strong, I try to make myself available to my family and friends.  By doing this, the relationships thrive.  Without these relationships, life would be boring and dull and I probably wouldn't know how to trust or love others. 

My relationship with my family and friends are also important to the work that I do within my classroom.  I have established relationships with my students and their family because I do believe that if we form a partnership with the students and the parents, then the students are going to be more likely to succeed because they have support from the teachers and their parents.  Overall, I can see the benefits of forming a partnership with my immediate family and friends  and with my students and the parents.  I want my students to be the best that they can be and in return, I give them the best that I am.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    Thank you for sharing the relationships about your friends and family. You are lucky to have these people in your life to give you love and support.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful post!!! I think it is very important to not only form relationships with your students but with their parents and families as well. It seems as if you have a strong support system and you should consider yourself lucky for having that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,I appreciated your honesty and openness in your post. You have really outlined the positive effects of a relationship - helping one another through difficult times, teaching us to trust, and opening our lives to other in a beneficial way.

    ReplyDelete