Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Birthing Experience (EDUC 6160)

I don't have any children of my own but I was fortunate enough to watch my neice being born.  I was seventeen at the time and I really wasn't prepared for the birth of my neice.  I was young and immature and knew nothing about childbirth but I went in anyway because my sister had no one else.  Her husband was at work and my mother was out of town.  Needless to say, I also went in because I thought that it was my duty to take on that type of responsibility because after all, not only was she my sister, she was my best friend.  I heard the screaming and the doctor yelling push but after I saw the head coming, I fainted.  My experience was short as well as funny.  We laugh about it right now.  I am still happy that I got a chance to share in something that was important to her.  The whole experience soon became important to me as well because it is one of those things that few people get a chance to experience.  I am glad that I was able to get a glimps of something that I have yet to experience.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful experience! I am also very close to my sister. I am so thankful that we live in a place with great medical facilities. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience! I also had the experience of being there when my niece was born. Even though I had two children it was an amazing experience being on the other side of the process this time.

    Robin Lemire

    ReplyDelete